Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And The Tooth Is Out...

With all the craziness of Daisy Mae, I totally forgot to post about Heidi's tooth.  And that's bad.  Because even though the Daisy Mae drama is overshadowing a lot in my life at the moment, I can't let it get in the way of one of Heidi's biggest moments in growing up.

Friday night we went swimming at the community center like we often do.  While swimming, Heidi was playing with the loose tooth.  Moving it back and forth.

I said "Heid's, you should stop that. What if it falls out in the pool?"

She snapped her mouth shut.

Shawn said "Don't worry.  If it falls out, I will swim to the bottom and find it!"

And we continued to swim, with all of our teeth in our mouths for another hour.

After swimming, we were all starving.  We stopped at BK for Heidi and got her a Whopper Jr.  Her favorite because they will add bacon!  Then we hit up TBell for the rest of us.

While sitting in the TBell drive thru, Heidi starts freaking out - "I lost my tooth!  It fell out!  I can't find it!!"

She spit her food into her hand and started to cry.  I threw the van in park and grabbed her burger.  Shawn leaned over the seat and started looking for the missing tooth.

She kept telling us that she might have ate it but she didn't swallow anything.  It was shear panic on her part.

After two good minutes of searching the food, the car seat, her lap, and the floor, we had to give up and head home.

At home I searched everything again, no tooth.

She was worried the Tooth Fairy would not come if she didn't have a tooth to give her.  We told her that the Tooth Fairy would still come, we should just write a note explaining what happened.

It happened so fast.  No pain, no blood.  Just like I wanted.  She has been so stressed about losing this tooth because she has a fear of the unknown.  And band aids.  But that's a different story.

We settled in at home and finished our dinner.  I told her about how I broke my braces eating a Chili Cheese Burrito 15 minutes after my ortho appointment.  My brother, who was also my driver at the time, refused to take me back to the ortho so I had that stupid bracket spinning in my mouth for an entire month.

Then Shawn reminded her about how Willy ate Johannah's tooth.  I am not sure why.  Maybe he was jealous.

We were able to get her mind off the lost tooth for a bit.

Shawn wrote a letter to the Tooth Fairy explaining how the tooth was missing but it really did fall out.  He signed it Heidi and put it on her dresser.  And, don't you know it, the Tooth Fairy did come!  And she left one dollar.

The next day, she woke up to discover the dollar.  She was so happy and felt so grown up.

She told her Granny that she had lost a mystery tooth.  It was a mystery tooth because it was a mystery as to where it went.  Did she swallow it?  Or is it on the floor in my van?  The world will never know.

The picture is a bit darker then I thought but you can kind of see the missing (mystery) tooth on the bottom in the middle.

No comments: