Thursday, February 14, 2013

When I See You Smile

Yesterday I read a blog post over at ELF that inspired this little post.

She asked what song would you consider "your song" for you and your husband/boyfriend/partner.

This had me thinking a bit and I realized we have a lot of songs that we hear that make us thing of the other one. But the song we danced to at our wedding was When I See You Smile by Bad English.

I love this song. It reminds me of when Shawn and I first met working at K-Mart when we were in High School. That job made me crazy. The store was always messy and short staffed which meant we were always, always busy even if there were no customers in the store.

I was going to high school, part of the Marching Band, and working at least 20 hours a week so I was often tired and short on patience.

It was Back To School Season (which used to be August, not July) and I was desperately trying to clean up the school supplies while backing up the front check outs. The supervisor was a nightmare of a woman (who ended up getting fired for coming in to work one Saturday morning still drunk from the night before and falling asleep in a shopping cart. True story.) and she was making my night very painful.

Every time I would walk by Shawn, who was working in the Sporting Goods department, he would say "Hey, let me see your smile."

I would give him the biggest, fakest, cheesiest smile I could muster.

This was one of the things he did that made me fall in love with him. We started dating about 6 months later and never looked back.

When I was planning our first dance at our wedding I realized that every time I heard that song it reminded me of this story and it became "our song."



What is your song? Does it have a story behind it?

Happy Valentines Day to all who celebrate, Happy Thursday to those who don't!
Hugs!
Kara

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stopping by from the bloghop! I love that song. Gotta love 80s hairbands!

Stop by sometime!

goneyonkers.blogspot.com

Sally said...

Fun to read about how you guys have known each other for so long!