Sunday, December 23, 2012

Act of Kindness Day 2 and Parmesan Chicken

Yesterday was all about wrapping up our holiday gift shopping. We ran to Morts Deli for breakfast and had a wonderful meal that kept us happy until dinner at 6 pm. If you live in the Twin Cities I highly suggest you check you Morts in Golden Valley.

While at breakfast I asked Shawn what we should do today for our Act of Kindness. He said "don't worry about it and it will just happen."

I don't always listen to him when he says don't worry but this time I just let it go.

And guess what? It happened!

We walked into a book store and there were two helper dogs working the gift wrap station.

Well, the dogs weren't but their trainers were. So our act of kindness today was to donate to support this amazing cause. In return we got a demo from the dogs of the stuff they can do including picking up a pen, pulling off a glove, and taking off a sock.



Those dogs warmed my heart to the point I just wanted to cry of happiness. And one of the dogs even hugged me! He really knew what I needed.

We talked to one of the ladies and she explained a little bit about how therapy dogs get certified which was very helpful since we would love for Cupcake to get certified at some point.

I was very thankful I listened to Shawn and just let it happen because when it did, it was the right think for all of us!

Now for a recipe! For dinner we had Parmesan Chicken. This is one of our favorite ways to make Chicken and it is very simple.

Here's what you need:
4 to 6 chicken breasts
1 cup Mayo
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shreaded)
1 1/2 tsp season salt (I like Crazy Mixed Up Salt)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.

Place chicken in a greased baking dish - 9 by 13 works well.

Mix all other ingrediants in a small bowl then spread on the chicken.

Bake for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.



I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!

Hugs,
Kara

No comments: