- I got home from work with time to hang out with the kids before they all went home for the day and had a blast watching them use Shawn as a jungle gym while Cakes slept in the rock bed.
- Heidi went to Ryan's to play with Will and Emily
- Shawn and I went for a 3 mile run with 8 hill sprints. It was killer but I was ecstatic when I synced the bodybugg and saw I had burned 600 calories!
- I parked myself on the couch and watched the Open Ceremonies. I realize people didn't like them but I thought it was pretty good.
- My new Transformer Tablet had arrived on Thursday night so I played with it while watching the ceremonies.
|Piper climbing on Shawn's head|
|Sophia sitting on Shawn's feet, next he will launch her and she is suposed to land on her feet but she likes to land on her butt.|
- We went to Minnehaha Park to meet some dogs from Save A Bull, a Bully Breed rescue organization. We specifically went to meet Siri, a small 30 pound girl. We talked to a lot of bully foster parents and pet a lot of bully dogs. My brother and his family joined us along with Shawn's Brother Tony and his family. It was a blast.
- UNTIL, the parking meeter ran our of time and I was left driving in circles for 45 minutes while everyone else was down in the dog park!
- My mother in laws birthday was last week so we all went over to her house with a cake and sang her happy birthday. Happy Birthday Renee!!
- My parents swung by and picked up Heidi and Emily and took them out to Build A Bear for the evening. The Heidi spent the night with them.
- Then we stopped at the booze store for a gift before we met some friends for dinner. We were looking in the beer cooler, not sure what to get but ended up with a sampler pack of Horney Goat and a 40 of Colt 45. (My bottle of water cost more than that bottle of Colt 45!!)
- We meet up with our friend Paul and Erin for dinner to celebrate Paul's birthday. We dined at Ginger Hop in North East Minneapolis. It was fantastic, I will go back for sure!
- After a nice dinner and great conversation (and 2 glasses of wine) we headed back to the neighborhood to check out Boogie Wonderland at the Crystal Frolics. The best part of Crystal Frolics? People watching... Where the trash gets all dressed up to take their babies to the beer tent. We had a blast!
|Pineapple Pork Fried Rice at Ginger Hop - LOVED IT!|
- I woke up at 6 am to excited to sleep! Why? Well, I needed to get the house picked up because we were having visitors...
- Shawn and I took Cupcake to the dog park near our house. She loved it and wanted to be a part of a pack of very large Golden Labs. She was exhausted by the time we left and went home to pass out for a bit. I think she was exhausted by our little game - she needed to be walking in front of me at all times. We were walking single file, I would get in front of her, she would sprint to get in front of me and slow down, I would get in front of her, she would sprint to get in front of me and slow down... repeat 50 times.
- Our visitors! Save A Bull brought Siri over to visit us, check out our house, and meet family! They were there for four hours just chatting while Siri and Cakes chased each other around the back yard. I will tell you all about the visit and Siri tomorrow. That deserves it's own post. But it went well and SIRI MOVED IN WITH US!
- Heidi went to a birthday party during part of the visit and when she got home Ryan, Jess, and the kids came over and Erin brought Sophia and Piper over for a bit. Our house was crazy and Siri got a real taste of what our house, and her new life, will be like.
|Siri Anna, our new Pit Bull!!|
- Siri and Cakes slept in their crates, one or the other cried all night but that was expected.
- I took Siri for our first walk while Shawn and Cakes had some cuddle time on the couch.