Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Daisies Are Now Brownies!

About a year ago I embarked on a journey with a new friend and 12 little girls.

We set out to teach these 12 girls how to be strong, caring, helpful, considerate women.

After many meetings and field trips.

After hours upon hours of laughter.

After millions of hugs and back rubs.

We did it! We lead these girls through the Girl Scout Law and taught them all of the lessons they need to have a strong foundation as they live the GS Law for the rest of their lives.

The Law Reads as follows:
I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
and to
respect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.

I truly believe we did our very best to instill this in our girls.

Last night we celebrated this as they bridged from being Blue Vest wearing Daisies in to Brown Vest sporting Brownies and it was a blast!

I am limited on my pictures right now because we had an awesome photographer on hand so I walked away with a total of five pictures. I grabbed some of these from my wonderful troop parents via facebook.


This cake pretty much sums up the evening - Congratulations Troop 15218!  The girls were so excited to try to figure out which Daisy was supposed to be her. I am amazed the cake was 100% fingerprint free when I cut it!

The evening started out with a grill out at Brookview Park in Golden Valley. The girls all ran around in their typical buck wild state until the food was served.

After dinner we held the Bridging Ceremony where each girl came up to the leaders with their parents. They recited the Girl Scout Promise to us, we snapped a picture, and they were presented with their Brown vests and a certificate.  I was beyond impressed with how perfect each girl was able to recite the promise! They all had it down despite the nerves from public speaking.

After the Ceremony the parents had a surprise for us so I provided some time filling entertainment while they prepared.


Well, you know what they say, Dance like no one is watching!

Our fantastic Troop Parents presented us with beautiful bouquets of flowers and Caribou Coffee gift cards! I look back on the year and think of how many times a parent arrived with coffee prior to a troop meeting and it melts my heart. Our parents are so thoughtful and I am forever grateful for their support throughout the year.


These are my girls and words do not express how much I have come to love each and every one of them as this year has progressed. They added a lot of laughter, fun, and light to my life this year and I am so excited to jump into Brownies with them.

 
Can't you tell how excited we are?!

One last time, my Oscar Speech:

I want to thank the girls of Troop 15218. You buck wild girls are everything I hoped you would be.

Thank you to the families who supported us with our many, many emails, location changes, fundraisers, field trips, and snacks. Thank you, thank you, a million times thank you.

I need to thank the best husband in the world, Shawn, for reading my agendas and helping me understand when I was expecting to much from our 5, 6, and 7 year old girls. For being a sounding board for some tough decisions. For being a hauler, cooker, loader, kid wrangler any time I asked. And especially when I forgot to ask and just told you 5 minutes before it had to happen. But most of all for just being you.

To Jessica who came in mid way but jumped in like you had been there all along. You were more help then you will ever know and I owe you HUGE!

To Erin. My co-leader. My Friend. My Mary. We started out just getting to know each other and now we have a life long bond. Nothing like leading a troop of 12 girls to really learn about each other, huh? I loved every minute we spent together and look forward to every minute to come!

Congratulations to Troop 15218! I look forward to bringing you through your next Girl Scout Adventures as Brownies. I am excited to teach you new things and watch you grow! I love you all!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Congrats! Love the cake!!!