Thursday, May 24, 2012

Quick Craft: Fun Flip Flops

A few weeks back, when I was dropping Heidi off at gymnastics, our friend pointed out these flip flops sitting in the shoe area. They were super fun, cheap flip flops with balloons tied to them. I really am not sure if they purchased them this way or if they made them but I thought it would be a great way to cuten up a pair of cheap flip flops for the summer. (Did you know Cuten is not a word?!)

I picked these purple flip flops up at the dollar store and a bag of water balloons at Target for 50 balloons for $2. It took about 75 balloons to decorate both girls size 13 shoes and about 40 minutes of work.

The first flop I tied on the balloons in what ever order I pulled them out of the bag just trying not to put two of the same color next to each other.  The second one I sorted the balloons and circled through each color. I only did this to see if it made a difference.

I decided it did not make a difference. I can not tell which one was random and which was planned.


They turned out super cute so I made a few more for the some of my favorite girls.

Go ahead and give it a try for a special girl in your life or even for one of the billion birthday parties you are attending this summer.

Or check out my Etsy store and order some from me!

No comments: