Tuesday, May 15, 2012

DIY Necklace Shelf

I really love DIY projects but for me coming up with the ideas is the hardest part.

Then, with the help of my good friend, I was introduced to Pinterest where one will never be without inspiration! Here is the blog post that inspired this little project - thanks Mini Mannor!

That's where I found a great idea for my necklaces. I pinned it and proclaimed that I would have Shawn make this for me and I would fill it with new necklaces!

So, that's exactly what I did.  I found these silverware trays at Ikea for about $10 each. They were unfinished wood so they were perfect for painting!

Then I made a quick trip to Menards for paint and hardware. I picked up a pint of bright white paint for $9.99 and a package of small hooks for $1.19.

The entire project took a total of about a hour to put together. I had to let paint dry and I wanted Shawn to drill the holes for the hooks so duration was a full week but it really could have all been done on a rainy Saturday.

My bathroom is very difficult to photograph since it's so small. I was straddling the toilet to get these!

Oh! And don't you love my wallpaper? It really is starting to grow on me.


I am very pleased with how they turned out. The lower shelf is right where Heidi can reach so I will only put items there I am willing to share with her. The higher shelves are for Mama only items.

Much better than the peg on the tie rack I had been using!

No comments: