Friday, May 11, 2012

Dining Out: Cocoa & Fig

A few months back my friend made a very important connection. I work downtown. Her favorite confectionery is downtown. Therefore, I must bring her a box of French Macarons.

I had never heard of this place before. It really is very close to my office but I had never even walked past it.

That does not mean it took too much to talk me into making a pit stop at Cocoa & Fig.


Fast forward a few months and now it's the same friends birthday. I knew right away I would be picking up a dozen French Macarons for her to enjoy, and if she feels extra nice, share with her family and co-workers.


Do they not look simply divine? And they are! Staring from left to right - Salted Caramel, Chocolate, Pistachio, and Raspberry. I so wish the Pistachio were mint. Oh, what about a chocolate cookie with a mint filling? That would be amazing...

If you have never had a macaron, it is a sandwich cookie made with egg whites, icing sugar, granulated sugar, ground almond, and food coloring, filled with ganache or buttercream. I also found it interesting to learn that macaroons are naturally gluten free!

While standing in line I found this little sweetie just calling my name.


She is a Carrot Cake Sandwich cookie. Um... Yes please! Let me tell you how delightful this little sandwich turned out to be. A soft carrot cookie with the perfect amount of walnuts filled with a slightly sweet filling. I could have eaten three!
Cocoa & Fig has a retail store front on the Skyway Level of Gaviidae Common downtown Minneapolis. They are on the Saks side.  Their lovely website is located here.

In their store window they have a variety of treats including cupcakes, French Macarons, Valrhona Chocolate Bouchons (Brownies), Oatmeal or Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies, Flourless Cakes (gluten free!), and Cake Lollipops.

They also provide speciality cakes for birthday, weddings, and other events, cupcakes, and many, many other desserts.

Their staff is extremely friendly and their website is very user friendly, complete with menu and prices.

I highly recommend you check out Cocoa & Fig to satisfy your sweet tooth! I can't wait to go back as soon as I calculate how many miles I will need to run to negate that carrot cake cookie...

(Cocoa & Fig did not ask me to write this review, I paid for the products received, their staff doesn't even know I exist, I just really like their product and wanted you to know about it.)

No comments: