Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What’s for Dinner? Unnamed Pasta Dish

This dish is yet unnamed because I had not planned to post it on here.


I needed to pull together an easy dinner for my five of us. I had a partly thawed sausage roll and thought spaghetti sounded good but maybe with a little twist.

I started to pull things from the fridge and pantry and came up with a sort of goulash that my niece declared to be her new favorite meal.

So, no pictures this time, sorry!

Here’s what you need:

1 pound bulk sausage – any flavor, I used medium
1 pound Baby Bella Mushrooms – these are optional but I like the earthiness they add to the dish
1 jar pasta sauce – I used a garden veggie variety
4 cups elbow macaroni noodles – cooked to al dente
Mozzarella Cheese – about 2 cups

Brown the bulk sausage in a medium frying pan. Push the sausage to the side and add the mushrooms. Mix and heat through.

Prepare the pasta to al dente.

In a large bowl, mix sausage, mushrooms, pasta sauce, and pasta.

Pour in a 13 x 9 casserole or cake pan.

Sprinkle with cheese and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Everything is already hot so you really are just melting the cheese.

Serve with garlic bread and a spinach salad.

Makes 6 to 8 servings

It was very good for a thrown together dish!

No comments: