Thursday, October 14, 2010

What's for Dinner? Pumpkin Muffins

It's fall and the trees are turning color.  We went to an apple orchard for a party a few weeks back, we are going to another soon, and I am really loving the weather.

I guess it's only natural that I was in the mood for something pumpkin!

I found this recipe for Pumpkin Muffins on a stray paper in my bookshelf.  I wish I knew where it came from so I could properly credit the author!


What you need:
1 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 can Solid Packed Pumpkin (I like Libby's)
1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
2 Large Eggs
1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
1 1/4 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup Sugar



Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl. 

In another bowl mix the canned pumpkin, oil, eggs, pumpkin spice, sugar, baking soda, and salt.  Mix until smooth.

Add flour mix to the pumpkin mix.  Stir until mixed and smooth.  Use your Kitchen Aid or your hand mixer or a fork, whatever you prefer.


Scoop into a muffin pan.  This recipe makes 12 large sized muffins.

 Mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.


Sprinkle the sugar mix over the muffins.

Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.  Test the middle muffin with a toothpick at 25 minutes.  If it comes out clean, you are done.  If not, pop them back in for a few minutes then check again.


I didn't use muffin liners, I just sprayed the muffin pan with Pam.  Remove the muffins from the pan and place on a cooling rack.

They are so moist and just simply yummy.  Try not to eat three in one sittings.  That's a challenge!

Enjoy

No comments: