Friday, September 24, 2010

Yummy, Easy Chicken Thighs

The other night I had some chicken thighs thawed but I didn't know what to do with them.  I was feeling a bit adventurous so I took out the chicken and a pot here's what happened.

I put about three tablespoons in a hot cast pot.


Then in went the chicken, skin side down for about 3 minutes.


When the edges started to get white, I flipped the chicken and added some chopped garlic, salt, and pepper.


That looked good but maybe a can of tomatoes and a bay leaf would add some more flavor.  Oh, and about 1 1/2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning.


This is where I put the lid on and turned it to simmer for about 20 minutes.  I had a dog to check on.


She was sound asleep so I went back to dinner.


Also looking good.  I tasted it and YUM!  The lid went back to simmer until the chicken was cooked all the through.


I served it with Chicken and Broccoli Rice-A-Roni and a big spinach salad.


Maybe next time I will throw in some baby bella mushrooms.  Otherwise, this was fantastic and very flavorful!

1 package chicken thighs
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
1 can diced tomatoes
1 bay leaf

Heat pan and pour in olive oil.  When oil is hot add the chicken, skin side down for about 3 minutes.

Flip the chicken and add chopped garlic, salt and pepper, and Italian Season to top of chicken.  Then add 1 can of diced tomatoes and 1 bay leaf.  Remember to remove the bay leaf before serving.

Reduce to simmer for about 20 minutes or longer if the chicken juices do not run clear.

This could also be served over a plate of pasta.  ENJOY!

1 comment:

jbenkato said...

I made this tonight with chicken breasts -- very savory and delicious! Great over brown rice. I would even add another can of tomatoes if you wanted more sauce to go right over plain pasta. Next time I will cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces - the savory flavors didn't make it all the way into the meat. Highly recommended, though, for a quick and easy delicious dinner :)