Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mini Meatball Sandwiches

Oh, my, yum.  That's all I can say.

I saw this recipe on The Pioneer Woman's website the other day and knew I needed to make it.  As soon as possible.

My parents were over for dinner the other night which turned out to be the perfect time.

Besides the rolls, I had everything I needed to make this in my freezer and pantry:
Hamburger
Garlic
Salt
Pepper
Bread Crumbs - I toss my old bread in the food processor, make it crumbly, and then put it in a zip lock bag.  This way, I always have bread crumbs on hand and I waste less bread (who eats those heals?!).
Onion
Olive Oil
Marinara Sauce - I don't keep that on hand but I had 2/3rd's a jar of Prego Meat Sauce in the fridge so I used the rest of that and added 1 can of diced tomatoes which worked out perfect.
Provolone Cheese (I was out so I used Mozzarella, Swiss would have been good too.)
Dinner Rolls (we used wheat because I don't like white bread.  At all. Really.)

This is a Pioneer Woman recipe so you have to link here for the details!  Trust me, it's worth it.

She calls this a 16 minute meal, but this is what you will have at 16 minutes:



So, it's really 16 minute prep.



20 minutes later, you will have these.



I ended up with 13 meatballs.  I was able to make 6 sandwiches.  One was enough per person.

Heidi, the non-carb eater, removed her bun and cheese.  Next time, I will just serve her the meatballs.

The adults all really liked the sandwiches.

I served them with Corn On The Cob and Mashed Potatoes.

YUM!  Enjoy!!

No comments: