Monday, July 12, 2010

What's For Dinner? Cheese Tortellini with Alfredo and Peas

I have still have not gotten back on track with Meatless Mondays but I was able to incorporate a meatless meal into the week so I am very happy about that!

Shawn was in the BWCA Thursday through Sunday last week so Heidi and I were on our own.  I find it hard to prepare meals for just the two of us so I picked up a few things that I know are her favorites.

One of her favorites is Cheese Tortellini with Alfredo sauce.

I purchased the packaged Cheese Tortellini from the grocery store, the stuff in the refrigerated section, not the freezer.  I also used packaged Alfredo sauce.  It is such a simple meal and I know she will eat it.

I prepared the tortellini according the the package, then tossed with the sauce.  I removed Heidi's serving from the pan and then added some frozen peas and give it a stir.  Within a few minutes the peas were warmed through and dinner was on the table in about 15 minutes.

YUM! 

No pictures this time. Sorry!

No comments: