Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Addition To The Family

A few months back we had Ryan and Jess's family staying with us.  It was a fun filled two months and I am so very happy to have been able to spend the last two months they were in Minnesota with them living in my house.

I often thought, "Hey! Why didn't we do this sooner?"  But I know everything happens for a reason.  And I am grateful for the time I had with them, short as it may have been.

In that time, with four adults, three children, two dogs, and two cats all using one washing machine, for some reason my 1984 model Whirlpool just gave out. 

We had replaced the transmission in it back in December so when it decided not work on the cold cycle any more we figured it was time to put the old beast out of it's misery.

As many of you know, I was greatly heart broken when we had to leave our old washer and dryer at the Minneapolis house.  It was the beginning of the housing crash and we figured that adding high end washer and dryer to our sell sheet would help move the house faster.  I am not sure if it worked but we were out of that house with in months of adding them to the listing.

Ever since we moved, four years ago, I have been dreaming of what my new washer and dryer will look like.  All the extras it will have.  In my fantasies the dryer folds and puts away everything!

It was much sooner than I had planned but with the old beast croaking it was time to go buy the new super washer.  We left Heidi with Jess and headed over to Sears.

I spent the night before price shopping on Sears.com and knew exactly what I wanted.  But when the sales man explained how that model was made in North Korea Shawn shut it down and we were back at square one.  Only with a sales person by my side.

I hate dealing with sales people.  I don't want someone asking me to rationalize my thoughts.  If I like one better than the other because of the color than that's my prerogative and no one should judge me for that.

I know that sales people hate dealing with me.  They ask me a bunch of questions and then show me what they think I want but they are almost always wrong because they can't see what's in my head.  (Ask my last two real estate agents...)

But this guy was different.  He did ask the annoying sales person questions but he understood my humor and connected with me quickly.  When he realized I expected this thing to hold up to the demands of our life and pet hair, as well as actually put the clothes away, he explained the options available and matched me with the perfect washer and dryer set.

Ok, enough about that!  On to the kid pictures!

The day we took delivery we moved the old appliances out to the family room.  (We then had to have the plumber out because the drain backed up, again, but that's another story.)

I came down stairs to find three silly kids playing in the old dryer.



Where's Emily?


There she is!


Oh, man, it's dark in here!


That's much better!


Willy's turn!


They had a blast going in and out for a long time!!  (Someone should brush the hair on these children!  Where are their parents?  Oh, wait.  That's me...)

But, that's not the end of the story.  To be continued tomorrow...

No comments: