Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Love of Trees - Part One

I love trees.  Shawn loves trees.  Heidi loves trees.

We have a lot of trees in our yard.  Really.  A lot for a city lot.  At least 4 in the front and between 8 and 10 in the back.  And more to come if I have my way!

I will post about our Ginkgo trees and our lost apple tree and the tree that landed on my truck soon...

When you have as many trees as we do.  And when you live in an area where windy storms happen all spring and fall.  You end up with a lot of fallen branches.

Last summer I threatened to cut up all of the fallen branches which had gathered themselves behind my house and feed them to the yard waste man.

Shawn insisted he would burn them.

This spring the same fallen branches, plus a number of their new fallen branch friends, were still in a pile behind my house.

I cut them up.

And I fed them to the fire pit.  Jess helped.

Here is our beautiful, hot fire.


It was about 4 in the afternoon on a sunny, 75 degree day.  Not really the day to have a 7 foot tall flame in the back yard.

But oh well, it made Jess happy!


Who knew she was a closet pyromaniac??

No comments: