Friday, October 30, 2009

My Challenge - Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 Wii Game

This year I have started to watch the Biggest Loser. I had caught a few episodes in the past so I get the basic premise and know who Bob and Jillian are but I had never followed the entire season. Now that they are at week 8 I am hooked, rooting for a select few, and motivated to get my butt back in shape.

I am not so good at working out consistently and my exercise of choice is always Yoga and I do that in my office more than a few times a week.

After watching the show I think I would benefit from a personal trainer, someone who will tell me exactly what to do and give me feed back.

We have a Wii Balance Board with the Wii Fit Plus game but my problem with that is you get to pick what you want to do and how many times you will do it. This enables me to say "wow, that was hard, I am not going to do that again."

I simply do not have the time to join a gym. I have run through this in my head so many times.

What time I would have to get up to go, get in a good workout, and be back before Shawn went to work - 4:30 am.

Go to the gym after Heidi goes to bed? I would not leave the house until after 9 pm.

Work out after work or after dinner? I already only see Shawn and Heidi for a few hours each night. I am not willing give up time with them to go to the gym.

I had belonged to a gym in the building where I work. I would go down at lunch and run on the treadmill or join a yoga class a few times a week. After my company purchased another company and I am lucky if I even get to leave my desk to get water. Going to the gym for an hour is out of the question.

I feel my only option is to work out at home. Since I am not at all a night person, it will be morning.

I have had moderate success with DVD's in the past. My complaint is there is no variety, unless you have 7 DVD's. There also is no feedback. Sure, the instructor tells you what a good job you are doing but she says the same thing if you are sitting on the couch or actually doing to work.

Working out with the Wii games gives you constructive feedback using the positioning of the Wii Remote or the Balance Board. They offer suggestions on how to correct your posture. Sure, you can fake the motions or only do have the job but it certainly is better than a DVD.

I went looking for a Wii game that would make me happier than the Wii Fit Plus game I already had and found the Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 game.

Since I know who Jillian is and I know she will wip me into shape, I picked it up.

I plan to work out each morning at 5:30 am, in my living room, with Jillian. After I complete my first week, I will let you all know how we went!

Wish me luck!

No comments: