Sunday, October 25, 2009

What's For Dinner? Italian Roast Pork with Rosemary

Again, I didn't take a picture but I did make one heck of a port roast the other night.

One of my favorite things to do is cook. I took some cooking classes at the Kitchen Window a few years ago and was able to focus some basic skills. My one goal from in class was to try everything we prepared and I learned that I like some things that I would never have tried (salmon and asparagus) and I confirmed I don't like other things (beets).

I don't have a lot of time to cook from scratch but with a little planning I am able get something in the oven on the weekend.

I had Friday off and a Pork Roast that needed to be cooked which netted this awesome Italian Roast Pork.

2 1/2 to 3 pound Pork Roast
2 tbsp Rosemary
4 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tbsp butter
1 small onion
1/4 cup olive oil

Heat oven to 350.
Finely chop rosemary and garlic together.
Make 8 to 10 deep cuts in the roast - about 2 inches apart
Insert small amounts of garlic and rosemary mix in the cuts
Sprinkle with salt and pepper

Melt butter in shallow roasting pan
Sprinkle onion over the butter
Put pork in pan and drizzle with oil
Roast uncovered 50 to 60 minutes until the internal temp is 155 degrees
Remove from oven and tent with foil. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes until the internal temp is 160 degrees.

I served this with boxed scalloped potatoes and steamed Broccoli.

YUM! Enjoy!!

No comments: