Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's the little things...

Summers in Minnesota are so short. It is cold here more often than it is warm. This year, the summer was even shorter than normal. We had a few hot days in May and a few in August but overall it was chilly. We only had our air conditioning on for 8 days!

Since our summer is short we really try to make the most of it.

One of my favorite things to do in the summer is hang the clothes out on the line. It's just a little thing but something I look forward to all winter.

Why I love to hang clothing on the line:
1. There is a smell that you get from drying on the line, outside, that you don't get from the dryer
2. Laundry time is much faster since I am not always waiting on the dryer to finish. I can hang 3 loads at a time and by the time the 4th load is out of the washer the 1st load is ready to come off.
3. It's Green! We run a gas dryer, which is already more efficient than an electric one but no dryer at all is even better!
4. It saves a few pennies! I love to see gas bills that are $3 or $4 thru summer since they are $200 in the winter.
5. I get more outside time since I am not in the house waiting on the dryer.

No comments: