Thursday, August 27, 2009

What's For Dinner? Romano's Macaroni Grill At Home

If you have not tried Romano's Macaroni Grill Boxed Dinners yet, you really need to try this as soon as possible!

I have tried making Alfredo sauce at home a number of times and never find a recipe that really works for me. I have also tried to purchase white sauce in a jar, nothing is as good as going to Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill.

Until, my wonderful friend, who works for General Mills told me about this boxed dinner. I was not overly optimistic, since it is a boxed dinner after all. But I gave it a try.

Here is what it looks like if you were only to add chicken. This is one box! It feeds me, my husband, and my 4-year-old with enough left for a lunch serving the next day. I often make two boxes since I think this is really good and like to have left overs. Not to mention that I cook for 6 or 7 ever night, you never know when someone will show up right as you are serving dinner. Believe me, this happens in my house all the time!

I like to add broccoli so the vegetable is in the meal. I use the steam in the bag kind from Green Giant because they are so quick and easy. In the microwave for 5 minutes and you don't have to dirty another dish!

Maybe it is because I grew up in Minnesota and like a hot dish but I like to have a main dish that covers all the food groups.

Yum! Doesn't this look good? That's my Pampered Chef Family Skillet and Bamboo Spatula. If you want awesome cookware like this contact Tiffany, she's the best!

And this is the awesome bowl I got at the thrift store. I have wanted wood bowls for ever and had to buy them when I found these.

I typically serve this with garlic bread. So fast and easy. The entire meal takes about 30 minutes to make. If you buy pre-cut chicken it's even faster. I cut my own because I have fancy knives and want to use them! No, really it is because I don't think to buy pre-cut chicken.

This dinner is a little on the spendy side if you are used to Chicken Helper, which can be as cheap as $1 a box plus chicken. This is closer to $4.50 or $5 a box, plus chicken and Broccoli. However, there are coupons for $0.75 to $1.00 off in the paper almost ever month and I bet you could find them online as well. Just remember, this tastes just like restaurant quality so you may spend $9 for the entire meal but it feeds 3 to 4. That's not even 1 meal at a restaurant!

No comments: