Monday, December 3, 2012

Holiday Cookies: Peanut Butter Puff Cookies

Last December I picked up a cookie cookbook and had the wonderful idea I would bake my way through that cookbook this holiday season. I am not going to get through the entire book but I am going to share with you a few favorites from both that book and from other sources.

Today I am sharing a recipe from my friend Tammy. She sent this to me months ago and I finally was able to carve out a few minutes to make them. Boy was I glad I did. These are very yummy!

Peanut Butter Puff Cookies

Here's what you need
4 egg whites (you can use egg whites from a carton)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie sheet or use parchment paper (I did one try on both and the parchment paper cookies kept their shape much better!)

In a small bowl beat peanut butter with vanilla to soften.

Beat egg whites with salt until soft peaks form. Add sugar very, very gradually to egg whites until stiff peaks form.

Fold the softened peanut butter into meringue gently.

Drop from teaspoon 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.

Bake 20 minutes until slightly brown.

Try not to eat them all at once but do enjoy! 

No comments: