Thursday, December 6, 2012

Holiday Cookies: Granola Cookies

Flipping through a little book I have called "The Great Cookie Book" published by NordicWare I found this intriguing recipe the turned out to be a keeper!

What you need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 cups of your favorite granola, slightly crushed (I like Cascadian Farms)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugars, vanilla, and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in remaining ingredients. Mix well.

Drop dough in rounded teaspoons (I used my medium cookie scoop) about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.

Bake 11 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet them transfer to a cooling rack.

These went fast in my house and with the granola we didn't feel too bad eating them!

No comments: