Ha! Okay, not really.
But we did both stay at the same hotel Monday night.
I never did get to glimps him or Michelle (even though I told a few co-workers I ran with Michelle Tuesday morning) but on my way out of the hotel on Tuesday I did see his car getting ready to leave the hotel. And I saw the 8 billion motor-cops who would be escorting him to his speaking engagement in Del Ray Beach.
But that’s all I saw.
By the time I returned to the hotel that night they were all cleared out and the excitement was over.
Some of my co-workers were staying at the Del Ray Beach Marriott, where Romney stayed so it was fun to exchange stories on Tuesday morning.
Here are a few things I wanted to tweet or post on facebook over the last few days but I was too worried those men in black would show up at my door and zap my memory, forever stranding me in South Florida!
- Hmm… why are there so many police at my hotel?
- Waiting to have my car searched by a dog.
- I count ten swat guys around my car right now.
- Now I know what Ranger from the Stephanie Plum books looks like. Nice to meet you Ranger.
- Ranger just told me he was hot. Okay…
- Screened through a metal detector at the front door of the hotel
- Screened again. Shouldn’t wear a belt on a travel day…
- Who is staying here? Mitt? Obama? I hope it is Obama!
- There are men in Black everywhere!!
- Room key didn’t work. Getting new room? Not just a new key? Hmmm…
- Finally in my room. There are a lot of Black Suits by that room over there…
- Going to the restaurant for some dinner and to work for a bit
- Turkey burger was yummo! And the people watching was top notch!
- Laptop battery died. Back in my room. No more view of the security check point. Boo.
- Man in the elevator said it’s the Obama’s who are staying here. Keep cool.
- Keep cool.
- Trying to keep cool.
- Totally freaking out! Do you think Michelle will run with me tomorrow?
- Can no longer focus. Going for a run.
- Had to be patted down returning from my run. Poor SWAT guy!
- What is up with this black shutters around that room?
- Oh! Okay, now I know where they are staying.
- Secret Service by the ice machine. Scared the mess out of me!
- I need some sleep. Debate is over. Good night.
- Last night I slept in the same hotel as the President and First Lady. WOW!
- Getting used to all the men in Black hanging around.
- That sure is a large pile of gun cases on that cart…
- Eating breakfast with SWAT is super fun!
- Ack!! Just saw the Presidents car waiting for him to leave
- I should stay here in my car until he leaves.
- Or not. Secret Service is watching me sit here. Better go.
- Off to work!
- Back from work! They have all cleared out. Back to normal around here!
And that’s about it for my brush with Obama fame. It was exciting for me! I hope you enjoyed hearing about it.