Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happy Birthday to Shawn!

Today Shawn is in his mid-thirties. I, however, am still in my early thirties.

He is 34. I am 33.

For a few short weeks we are the same age, then May 31st rolls around and he is a year older than me again.

And that's how I like it.

When we were 17 and he turned 18, I had endless fun teasing him about dating a younger woman.

When he turned 21 and I was still 20, I joked about how he had to be the responsible one and I was still under age.

Now, he is in his mid-thirties and I am in my early thirties.

But the best part is that none of that matters at all. Because I am just happy to have him. He is the best Husband, Father, Friend, Brother, Son anyone could ask for and I get to spend every day of my life with him.

Even when he looks like this.


Because I know we will always be like this.


A happy little family having a lifetime of adventures together.

Love you Shawn. I know you don't like to make a big deal out of your birthday but you are kind of a big deal to us.

No comments: