Friday, April 8, 2011

Procrastination and Alzheimers

I am procrastinating right now. This is one of those times when I actually think it will work to my benefit. And it has so far! If I had started this task on Monday, when I had planned to start it, I would have had to throw all my work away because someone made some big changes yesterday morning. If I had started it yesterday afternoon, like I had planned, I would have done double the work because more major changes happened first thing this morning.


I should be working on it now because I have to give a presentation on Friday morning but I just know if I wait another 20 minutes the dust will settle and my work will be valuable.

Plus, writing clears my brain of all the clutter and makes me more focused.

I keep thinking back to a hysterical moment from the other night, I am going to share it with you!

Shawn: I heard a story on NPR the other day about people who are bi-lingual. It seems they are less likely to get Alzheimer’s because their brain gets exercise flipping between languages.

Me: Well, that’s good for Heidi. Since we have that in our family, anything she can do to delay Alzheimer’s is good. Huh.

Shawn: What?

Me: Well, I heard something that delays Alzheimer’s the other day too.

Shawn: What was it? Sudoku?

Me: Man. I don’t remember!! That sounds like a bad joke but I really do not remember! (laugh, cry, snort… Wipe tears…) Ugh. It’s too late for me already.

Shawn: Wow. That’s amazing.

Then he continued to make fun of me for the rest of the night.

And now, I am going back to work. The best part is I actually remember what I am supposed to be working on right now!

No comments: