Monday, April 4, 2011

What's For Dinner? Cinnamon Bread

I so badly wanted to post a review of the Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Bread today but I had a yeast problem yesterday.

The problem being inactive yeast.  It was so beautiful outside yesterday, we had the back door open and the furnace never turned on which means my kitchen was probably about 65 degrees.  Not nearly warm enough for rising bread.

Margie saved it some bit but putting the dough in a warm oven with a pot of water to create a warm and humid environment.  It did raise but after I rolled it and put it in the pan, it did not rise again.

We ended up with very tasty, dense cinnamon bread.  It was good but it was not what Ree intended.

I will try it again in a few weeks, maybe on a rainy weekend when my house is warm.  I suggest you try it too!

Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Bread

No comments: