Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What's For Dinner? Sweet and Sour Meatballs

I found this yummy recipe on Tasty Kitchen, posted by MyLittleNutmeg yesterday.  Heidi has been asking to have the left over Turkey Chow Mien we froze a few weeks back so I thought these might be a good compliment to that dish.

Boy, oh boy, was I right!  They were fantastic.


Here is what you need:
3 tbsp butter
4 cloves of garlic, diced
1 1/2 cup ketchup
1 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 package of frozen meatballs


Melt the butter in a large sauce pan, add the diced garlic and cook for about 60 seconds.

Add the ketchup, soy sauce, and honey and bring to a boil, stirring often.

Add the meatballs, stir to coat and heat through.  If the meatballs are frozen, this will take about 15 minutes. If they are fresh, then just a few minutes to let the sauce kind of soak in.

It was the perfect side dish with the turkey chow mien. It would also be good in a crock pot for an appetizer at a potluck.  Just add the meatballs to the sauce and let them simmer in the crock pot for about two hours.

It is easy, quick, and very yummy.  Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I think this sauce would also be great on chicken wings! Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Susan said...

I tried this on Chicken Wings and Meatballs for my Superbowl Party last night and they were a hit.