Thursday, July 1, 2010

What's For Dinner? Pork Chops With Tomato Sauce

First an update on Meatless Monday's.  I have taken the last two weeks off.  To pull off the Meatless Meal I need to plan or we would just end up with spaghetti every Monday.  Last week was so hard for me, I was so depressed and not at all thinking about what to cook for dinner.  We ate out most nights.  I am better now and back to cooking each night.

For dinner on Wednesday night I took a sauce from some recipe a came across and used it in a different way and it was really good.



I had some thin sliced pork chops with bone in.  I threw them on the cast iron skillet, sprinkled them with salt and pepper.  Let them cook for a few minutes and then flip.

The sauce is 1/4 cup V8 juice, 3 tablespoons mayo, 1 tablespoon chives (fresh or dry), 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, 1 teaspoon thyme.  Mix all together in a bowl and let sit.  I only let it sit for about 15 minutes but I bet it is one of those sauces that would get better with time so try making it in the morning when you take out the pork to thaw.

I brushed the sauce on the pork chops as they cooked.  I also sliced a roma tomato, threw them in the skillet, and brushed with the sauce.

I paired the pork chops with steamed broccoli and rice.

We were all very happy with the pork chops, Heidi even ate an entire chop!  These could also have been done on the grill instead on the skillet and probably would have been just as good.



I think this could have been done with other white meats as well, the base for the sauce recipe had been paired with a Turkey Steak but I don't always have Turkey Steaks in my freezer.

Enjoy!!

No comments: