Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Who needs Jillian

Heidi and I have recently become huge fans of the show Biggest Loser. I had caught a few episodes on random occasions over the years but never really watched it until the last season when I decided to try it out.

I was instantly hooked and inspired by the show. Having struggled with my weight since I was about 14 I can relate to these people.

I was shocked to see women on the show who were just a big larger than me.

I am a true believer in getting to the reason behind the food issues. I know mine. I deal with them on a daily basis.

I eat because I am board. I eat because I am sad. I eat because I enjoy food.

I fully realize the year I started to struggle with my weight was the same year my life was turned upside down.

I know if I was on that show Jillian would yell at me for crying. Then she would turn into Nice Life Coach Jillian and make me explain to a national audience all of the reasons why I get sad. I know that everyone at home would cry. I know at the end of the week I would get on the scale and have lost 27 pounds.

But I am not going to be on the Biggest Loser. I am going to sit at home on Tuesday nights and watch and cheer and cry and laugh.

And be motivated.

I don't need the show. I have my own life coach. Her name is Heidi and she gets me through.

And she makes me laugh. Like the other night when I was laying on the floor in the living room after having done a bunch of sit ups. She had been downstairs and didn't know that I was done.

She walks over and says "put your knees up, let me stretch out your back."

I comply.

Then she get right over my face and says "Ok! Let me see you do 100 sit ups! NOW! NOW! LET'S GO!"
I laughed so hard I cried. I didn't do any more sit ups but the gut wrenching laugh was better medicine than any sit ups would give me.
Thank you Heidi. Who needs Jillian when I have you?

No comments: