Thursday, April 22, 2010

What's For Dinner? Steak, Pasta Salad, Corn

Tuesday I was really in the mood for a steak. YUM!

I like to buy No Name Steaks in the box because they are already marinated and very hard to mess up. Plus they way they are packaged the steaks keep in the freezer for a long time.

Steaks:

Thaw as many steaks as you need. We were serving 4 adults so I thawed 4 steaks.

Pound the steaks flat to be sure it will cook evenly. I do not have a mallet for the kitchen so I used a rolling pin.

Sprinkle both sides of each steak generously with Montreal Steak Seasoning.

Heat the grill to medium. Cook each side for 6 to 8 minutes for a medium steak.

Let the steaks rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.

Pasta Salad:

I wanted something summery to go with dinner. Something not as heavy as mashed potatoes. This is a quick and easy pasta salad I like to throw together.

Prepare a box of your favorite noodles

Rinse with cold water and throw in a bowl

Add some Italian Dressing and toss. Taste and add more if needed.

I like to throw in some chunked cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese and some sliced pepperoni. You could also add green peppers or black olives. Whatever floats your boat!

My nephew and I both really wanted corn on the cob but it's not in the stores yet so I just heated up a can of corn. I prefer frozen corn to canned but I need to use up what is in my cupboard!

This dinner is simple and a go to for us. We grilled the last of a package of hotdogs for the kids, which they loved.

Tonight I am trying a new Lasagna recipe. Check back tomorrow for that review...

No comments: