Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chicken Spaghetti Review

I have recently become addicted to Ree's Pioneer Woman blog.  If you have not checked it out you don't know what you are missing.

This woman lives on a working cattle ranch with her husband and four children, maintains a blog, writes cook books, homeschools her children, and belches on queue.

This is also the blog where last nights dinner recipe came from.

I loved it!  Shawn loved it!  Jess loved it!  Ryan and the kids?  Not so much.

Chicken Spaghetti Ingredient List:
2 cups Cooked Chicken
3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup
2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
¼ cups Finely Diced Green Pepper
¼ cups Finely Diced Onion
1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
⅛ teaspoons (to 1/4 Teaspoon) Cayenne Pepper
Salt And Pepper, to taste
1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Ree says this feeds 8.  In my house it fed 4 adults, 3 children, and 2 adults for lunch today.  I forgot to throw in the garlic bread because we had some friends drop in.  I also didn't pair it with a vegie because it has a lot of vegies in it and I was feeling lazy.

Ree posts step by step photo directions on her site and explains what to do with these ingredients (click here to view). If you want to see a final picture, she has that as well.  We ate ours to fast for me to snap a photo and I don't want to completely plagerize her post! 

Try it this week and then leave me a comment to let me know what you thought!

No comments: