Friday, August 21, 2009

Inspiration Has Struck

Lately I have felt the need to express my creative side. However, I have always thought that I needed to have something in mind to do with the finished result. Give as a gift or have a place to display it in my house. When I don't have a plan for the craft I lose my motovation. There are always a million other things I should be doing, I should not spend my time making things that will end up packed away or adding clutter to my house.

Recently I came across a website called http://www.etsy.com/ where you can sell your handmade crafts. I suppose that's a good way to express my creative side and also feel like I have a plan for the final project.

Last night we went out to Michaels and ended up hitting a wonderful clearance sale.

They had color/activity books for $1 regular price so we picked up 2 of those. We found a bracelet making kit and got one for Heidi and one for a gift. We are going to make a new Halloween Haunted House. Heidi is going to paint and decorate a box and I found some cute bird houses. I also found a few dirt cheap cross stitch kits.


Here is the first cross stitch I am going to take on.



Put this in a cute frame and someone might want it!

No comments: