Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Traces of a Deep Feeling

It's Wednesday night. I am standing on the front steps watching TV through the front door, which is something we do a lot now that we have a puppy who gets bat shit crazy every night at 7:30 pm.

America's Got Talent is on and Nick Cannon is introducing a group known as the Hottest Show in New York right now.

I am stunned when he announces the cast from Traces. I watch of a second and realize this is, in fact, the Traces we saw when we were in New York this winter visiting friends.

I ran in the house, leaving the puppy behind, and perched on the couch to watch the show.

It was amazing. I gasped. I laughed. I clapped. I cheered.

I was back in Union Square Theater sitting next to Heidi watching this amazing show all over again.

As I sit here typing this I feel all the emotion of the show in my heart.

This trip took place just a few short days after we had to put our dog, Pig, to sleep.  We were so horribly sad and used the trip to put aside our feelings for a week.

The casts performance was so powerful and moving, it truly helped me deal with some of the emotions I was trying to avoid. I felt some of that again tonight while watching this short segment of the same show with the cast I had felt a deep connection to back in that theater.

Thank you Traces. For that night back in Union Square. And for tonight.



No comments: