Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Birthday Present!

We are sort of looking for a loft bed for Heidi. I am not sure if we are going to get her one or not but we are looking. We are also looking for a bed for the guest room. I am not sure what we will end up with but I am having fun looking.

This weekend we ran out to Ikea to look at the loft bed I saw on their website. Then, on recommendation from my brother, we went to Dock 86. I had never been there before and was in love the minute I walked in the door.

I saw this adorable owl I am totally in love with but it was way out of my price range.

 Oh, but how I do love it. It just screams Kara! I could not justify that much money... Could I?

Heidi loved these chairs. She was like The Princess and The Pea up there. I think I could have talked her into taking a nap.

But then I found this. If the Owl Picture screamed Kara, this chair was shouting it from the roof tops. I fell quick and I fell hard.

Waiting for me at home was this over sized chair. I used to be in love with this chair but that was at our old house when it was angled in the living room with it's friend the ottoman parked at it's feet. It was like a full sized bed in my living room. I lived on this couch when I was pregnant and then the months following.

But it never really worked in this house. While it fit in the nook off the living room the ottoman had to go in the basement and it just wasn't the same.

Then last weekend our neighbors gave us their couch and the over sized chairs massive brother, the giant couch, went out to the garage leaving the chair alone in the corner.


These guys make me happy like the over sized chair did 8 years ago. Do they not look amazing in that same corner? I need a small table to sit between them but the chairs themselves are perfect.

 And most importantly, they are Peter approved.

2 comments:

GingerSnap23 said...

Love it! Super cute chairs and I love the owl picture too. Would be cute in a guest bedroom!

Kara said...

I was actually thinking over the chair on the wall that divides the kitchen and livingroom. But I still cannot justify $119...