Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What's For Dinner? Stove Top Chicken Bake

We made this easy dinner last night and it was a hit so I thought I would revisit the blog and post it! This is a nice quick meal for a busy family. I honestly felt compelled to make this because it has been in my coupon book from the paper for the last month and this week it came on a really nice sheet with a great coupon. I honestly thought there was a force telling me this was something I had to make!

Oh, wait. There was! Their name is Kraft...

Since we needed more than six 1 and 1/3 cup servings I sort of doubled it. I will post my doubled version here and the link to the original recipe at the bottom.

3 large chicken breast or one 1.25 pound package of chicken breasts - diced
2 16 ounce bags of frozen vegies - use something sturdy like a corn, carrot, green bean mix
2 10 3/4 ounce cans of Cream of Something Soup. I had Cream of Mushroom on hand so that's what I used.
2/3 cup sour cream
2 packages of Stove Top Stuffing, prepared

Prepare the Stove Top Stuffing by following the directions on the box.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

Mix the diced chicken, vegies, Cream Of soup, and sour cream in a large bowl. And really, use a large bowl because this will be a lot more then you expect it to be! Trust me on this...

Place the chicken mix in a large casserole dish. I used my 9 by 13 dish.

Spoon the prepared Stuffing on top.

Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly. Check the center to make sure it's hot. If the stuffing is starting to burn or get to crispy, cover with foil until the dish is completed.

I haven't run the nutritional value on this variation but I can't imagine it's super low cal. I served it with Pillsbury biscuits and a salad.

This is the link to the original version that I modified: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/stove-top-easy-chicken-76203.aspx

I am completely out of the habit of taking pictures of my food so no photo today!

No comments: