Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ode to Daisy Mae

Last night, while cleaning up the kitchen after dinner and discussing now much Daisy has been wanting to eat lately, I made up this song. 

Honestly, ever since we stopped Daisy's chemo, she has been starving.  If Pig does not eat right away, he runs the risk of her scarfing down his food as soon as we turn our backs.  If someone is in the kitchen, no matter how deep of a sleep she is in, she gets up to see if there will be hand outs. 

She went from 120 pounds to 85 pounds in four weeks.  Some of that was from her amputation but most if it was from her fat butt.

This is to be sung to the tune of Cyndi Lauper's True Colors.

You with the sad eyes

You look so hungry
Though I realize
You’re really just begging
For the food I have in my hand
You can lose sight of it all
But you only have three legs now
And you need to stay small

But I see your true colors
Shinin through
I see your true colors
And you like to eat yummy snacks
But don’t always beg for lots of food
Or you’ll get fat
Get fat, oh so fat
Like you used to be

If you see my begging, three leg dog, please know she is lying to you.  We are not starving her.

No comments: