Thursday, April 29, 2010

What's For Dinner? Pork Steak

I love Lawry's marinades and season salt.  I use the season salt on just about everything, including my world famous onions and potatoes, and the marinades are so convenient and cost effective.

So Lawry's Signature Steakhouse Marinade was a logical choice when I decided to grill Pork Steaks for the very first time.

I like to thaw the meat in the marinade because I think it absorbs better.  I have no factual information to back this up, it's just what I think.

I should also mention that I have not been asked by Lawry's to write this post.  I just really like their products!


This was super easy.  I placed the frozen steaks in a large mixing bowl and covered them with the marinade.  Then I covered the bowl and let the steaks thaw.

Preheat the grill on HIGH for about 5 minutes.
Turn the heat to Med-High and place the steaks on the grill.  Now, these are pork so they need to be at least medium to well done.  Mine had a bone in them so keep that in mind if yours don't (bone in takes longer to cook then boneless).

Place the steaks on the grill for 10 minutes on each side.  If you want the fancy marks on one side all you have to do is give the steak a quarter turn after 3 minutes on the first side.



Look how huge that steak is!  That's a full sized dinner plate.  I grilled 4 of these, served 4 adults and 3 children, and had one left over.

We all enjoyed the pork steaks.  The kids even had seconds!

Enjoy!  Let me know what you think!

No comments: