Friday, April 30, 2010

What's for Dinner? Grilled Potato Packets

I have made these a number of times but this was the first time I made them with Olive Oil instead of butter.

I also have learned that a consistent dice of the vegetables is critical to these packets.


I used about 8 medium sized Brown Potatoes, 2 green peppers, and 1 medium yellow onion.

Dice them with a small dice and throw them in a large bowl.

Coat evenly with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  I pore some on then stir and add more as needed.  It's probably about 1/4 of a cup.

Shake on some Lawry's Season Salt to taste.  Really don't know how much I used.  I lightly covered the top of the potato mixture and stirred then lightly covered and stirred and lightly covered and stirred.  That's three times!

Lay out a piece of tinfoil and spoon in the potato mixture.  Then close up the packet tightly.  I ended up with 9 packets.

Preheat your grill on high for about 5 minutes.

Place packets on the grill with the heat on HIGH for about 10 minutes on each side.

They will smoke a bit if the Olive Oil is able to drip out.



This served the entire family of 4 adults and 3 children and there were about 2 servings left over.

We all were in agreement that they were the best yet!  And the kids loved the green peppers.

If you have not tried to feed your kids green peppers yet, go do that right now!  And then make the potato packets and let me know what your family thinks!

ENJOY!

No comments: