Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Verson of Golf

My grandpa on my dad's side was a golfer. I remember joking with him that golf was just a way to ruin a good walk. I remember the time he hit the same ball off the same tree three times. And I remember him taking me out for a round and Grandma telling me that it was okay to throw the ball if needed.

We had a great time golfing together. Not because I enjoyed the sport. In fact I really don't like it. I had a great time because it was time with Grandpa, Grandma, and Dad out in the fresh air.

Occasionally my work will take us out on some kind of outing to celebrate the end of a project or just to thank us for coming in each day.

Tuesday was one of those days.

It was a beautiful Tuesday to not be in the office but out ruining a walk (by walk I mean riding in a cart). We golfed (or not) Sundance Golf in Dayton. They have bowling there as well but I did not see that part of the building so I am taking the word on the website on that.

I do believe if you are going to the golf course, even if you are not going to golf, you should dress the part. My plaid Capri's and white t-shirt were perfect!

Dan was my driver. I think I was going to be his caddie but it was not long before we both knew that would not be a good idea. And I am kind of bad at driving the golf cart.
Mary Beth was the only girl golfing. She did a stand up job for the ladies! And managed to be out in the sun without sunscreen for 18 holes and not get burnt. Fine job, MBH!!

Franz claims not to have golfed but a few times. I don't know, he sure seemed to be the ringer!

Heidi (my coworker, not my daughter!) followed Dan, Mary Beth, and Franz around. Heidi made sure the sand bunkers were well raked when needed. I walked around and looked for Dan's lost balls. We knew our roles.
These are the fine ladies who made the day extra enjoyable. You would think that when you send all day everyday with people you may run out of things to talk about. Not us! We kept the day full of laughter and enjoyed a quick vent session at the end of the day.

Mark and Rick were in the other 4 some. Looks like they are having a good time!

Scott and Mark were the other half of the other 4 some. Looks like Scott is going to drive off the road!
I think a good time was had by all. I am not really sure who won but that's not what the day was about. A little break from the day to day and some sunshine did us all good! And I can say I "went golfing."

No comments: